Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

BEN-IST

OK, so I know it's been a while since I last posted, it's because my life is SO uneventful... and it's not like anyone views my blog but anyway, I arrived in Istanbul, Turkey yesterday afternoon. The weather is lovely, I was hoping it would have snowed, but actually the skies are bluer than ever, the grass is still green the tree's are naked and it's not that cold really, but I really hope it's going to snow. This is my first time in a long time in Istanbul in winter, I think last time I was here I was like 7 or 8 I'm not sure, I was really young. I usually come here in the summer, but we're here now cause my dad hasn't seen his family in 2 years and I think we needed a break from what's going on in Libya.

I'm so excited I'm here, but I have a lot of studying to do as my exams are in January, ahhh! so close. I have all my books and stuff with me, and I don't really have friends here, so there won't be a problem with studying.

I was so surprised to see that the temperature outside was -62 Celsius!
Lol, then my dad explained why it was really cold out.
I think I need to study... I'm lacking a bit of knowledge :/

I got a wing seat, I hate window seats.. You can hardly see
beneath you. Anyway, this was when the plane was circling the air
in Turkey.
The traffic here is SO bad! I would have taken pictures but I fell asleep on my way home from the airport. I'm so glad we don't own a car here so we have to walk everywhere, which is good, cause you get to dodge the traffic and you get to shed a few pounds :D haha! We're spending Christmas and New Years here, yay!

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment