Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Belated New Year!

Okay, I know I'm five days too late, but I've been a little bit busy, studying and shopping, you know trying to make the most out of my last days in Istanbul.

For NYE, my sister, our friends and I planned to go to a street party. We were told to avoid Taksim Square because i'ts like douche-bag-central on NYE. So we crossed that off our list. Then there were a bunch of other places like Nistantasi or some club, but then we forgot all about those places as my aunt invited us to dinner, and we thought it would be rude if we didn't go.
We had this delicious dinner! Turkish food obviously, and we had some really good roasted turkey! Gosh, my mouth is watering as I write this.
 
 


Turkey Time!




My cousin, Gurcan and I :)
We had Pumpkin cake for dessert, YUM!

After this delicious meal, we all slipped into a food coma. The house went quiet for a bit, then we all gained conscientiousness again, and it was time for the countdown, and that's of course, the power went out in the last 5 seconds of 2011, it wasn't too long before they were back on.

I certainly made no resolutions this year, I make some every year, but never end up doing them, so I think I'm just going to stick to my old ones, and try to accomplish those, before making new ones.

Well guys, have a happy New Year, let's hope 2012 is better than 2011 :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment