Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Istanbul

I'm done with school and done with exams, time to get out of Libya for a short while.
My family is back in Benghazi, so I traveled alone, which I was totally looking forward to, but then when I arrived at the airport and saw the people I was surrounded by, I sort of freaked out. I was getting dirty looks from people that looked like they were members of the Muslim Brotherhood - not literally, but they looked pretty conservative compared to me.

Plane ride wasn't so bad, there were a few kids and they were a little irritating. Plane food is always good.  The guy next to me wasn't so bad either, he kept to himself.. up until when we landed he said to me ''are we in Cairo?'' and I was like ''OMG, NO! WE'RE IN ISTANBUL!'' then he chuckled and he said he was joking. Phew!

It took us a while to land, we had to circulate in the air until we could land. We were behind schedule, so as soon as I got off the plane I hurried to passport control and that when I saw Turkish actor Selcuk Yontem standing in the same queue as me. he's not such a big deal, but it was cool seeing someone you see on TV for real I guess. I would have taken a picture of him, but I thought it would have been awkward.
Here's a picture of him off the internet:

Anyway, so I get out of passport control and move along to get my luggage and that's where I come across another ''surprise'' - one of my dads long lost cousins. He met my sister in Libya and she told me about him and I met him in Turkey - it really is a small world.
Moving on, my cousin and his girlfriend were there to pick me up. We left the airport at around 12.40am when I should have left at like12am. We came home at around 1.40am. I went online to tell my mom that I landed safely and all and that's when I see that there's been some bombing going on in Benghazi. It's pretty amazing how things change within a matter of hours when you were JUST there. They bombed the Benghazi check-point which is like several feet from our house. I was worried for my family. However, momma told me everything was under control now and that I should get some sleep.

Benina Airport
Full moon!
not a very clear picture of the moon.

Istanbul
View from my window

Little birdy on fire escape


People going for a dip in the Bosphorus.
Cute doggy I came across at the park!

Emirgan Park
My aunt took me to Emirgan Korusu (Park) which  was pretty cool, there are so many trees and so much greenery, I loved it! It's a good place for families/friends to have picnic's or whatever.
If you're ever in Istanbul maybe you should visit this place. 
Read about it here:

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment