Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Berenice Post

 After the 19th of March 'invasion', I was absolutely sick and tired of just being home all day and doing nothing basically. So, I volunteered to work at Berenice Post.

Berenice Post is an independent weekly journal printed in both Arabic and English. Berenice is an ancient Greek name that means 'bearer of victory'.

I worked there for about 3-4 months. I proof-read the English pages, made sure there weren't any errors, I interviewed people and wrote articles.


my very first article.

second article.

article about Matthew Vandyke, he was missing up till about  the liberation of Tripoli.

my article about the dictators.




my last article :'(
---------------------------------------

That was all of us when we first started out. (some people are missing)
Back row: Mohammed Omami, Lou, Atem Shembesh, Rachel, Me, Sarah Gtat
Front row: Sameeh Lahiwel, Mohmmed Bin Omran, Farrah Gtat and Hamid Buzghaziba.

                                     
Rachel videoing Atem.

Atem, Me and the boss, Monssif.

reading our second issue, Walid making fun of me cause i'm annoyed
with all the errors that have been printed.


That was are office, when we first started out.
I know it's nothing, but we had to start from scratch,
I know this looks a bit odd, but our old office was in a spacious art gallery, that basically was never useful to anyone. Today it is Libya Al-Hurra's Studio.




That's Betsy Hiel, interveiwing us for Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/photo_188924.html?TB_iframe=true&height=460&width=720

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/middleeastreports/s_734841.html - read down to ''not different from you''

us girls recording part of a song for Music Masters.

That's everyone with Mohammed Shaibani, he's been out of the
country for over 30 years because of the former government.

That's us, again with the French Ambassador.

Checking over the English articles.

the ladies at work!

packaging the fliers in the news paper.
preparing for one of the seminars we oraganized.


lunch.

our second edition.

my parents in the crowd!

Mustafa Duffani interviewing Mohammed Shaibani.

me and the fellas!

saying good-bye to Berenice.




I had to leave Berenice Post cause I had to go back to school! - I miss working there a lot, it was a great time and awesome experience.

1 comment:

  1. wow ...Amazing .I can see how happy you were .Hope you have more good days like that .

    Best of luck for school and future,Dii.

    ReplyDelete