Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The freedom fighters (rebels) come home!

Today, my dad comes home and he tells me that the rebels are coming home from Sirte and wherever else they were/ I had to go see them, after all I could just walk from my house to the main road, cause I live right on the outskirts of Benghazi, and they were all passing by our neighborhood.
There were SO many people, it was crazy, and they were nice too! They weren't gawking at anyone, well maybe a few, but it wasn't so bad!

Here are some pictures :) 
that's my sister and my mom cheering on.

momma!

daddy<3






daddy and i, showing turkish support!

La Familia, minus me :(



the roads were totally blocked off! 


tried getting a picture from our front yard of the whole scene at night.

It was amazing, I can't describe the feeling seeing these people come home after such a long time. I'm sad that our martyrs didn't live long enough to see this day, may they R.I.P! We'll never forget that you have risked your existence for us to have a bright future! I am forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment