Introduction.

My name is Dilara Colakoglu, I'm Turkish and lived in Libya my whole entire life. I've decided to start this blog because its my last year here, -fingers crossed- so I'm just going be blogging about my supposedly ''new'' life in the ''new'' Libya for the next year or so. Hopefully, next year I'll be kicking it in University, somewhere in the world. I am still undecided, I can't seem to figure out what I want in life, so maybe by blogging I could maybe figure it out, I know sounds a bit odd, but what the heck, it's worth a try!

Monday, October 24, 2011

October 23, 2011 - Libya's Liberation Day!

The war is over, they've killed Gaddafi, we've gotten rid of all the mercenaries (I hope), the rebels are home, so time to declare Libya's liberation! 
I went to the Kish Square, where Mustafa AbdilJalil was supposed to be there I think. I didn't stay there long enough to hear or see him, there were too many people, and for some reason, I didn't like the vibe around me.
It was weird, on my behalf, I was having one of those bad days, so it wasn't an overly wonderful day for me.
We just left the crowd, took a walk around the Katiba area, and then got in our cars and drove around town.
The whole downtown area was packed! it was crazy, we couldn't wait to get out of the crowd and get home to have a cup of coffee!

here are some pictures:












this is one of the two cars, Salha and Huley in the front row, Yasmina, me and Wareda at the back!

the twins, Yasmina and Wareda, and I

We were all packed like sardines!

We were in this crowd for almost an hour and a half, it was insane!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info and picts! It's great to see you and know you're okay!!!!!!! We miss you! Annabelle and I were going through pictures the other day and we found some of you guys baking, we think brownies, before we left. We started reminiscing... You'll figure out what you want to do, be sure it's something you like!

    ReplyDelete